My love affair with books started at a rather tender age. I grew up with Enid Blyton and Grimm’s Fairy Tales. Since then, reading is my escape from the world, a time to step out of my life and live in different times and places through the trials and tribulations of the characters that inhabit the book that I am reading.
I’ve read a lot of books that I enjoyed this year, so choosing just 10 was hard! Still, I tried…so, here’s the list of the top 10 books I read in 2010 (in no particular order).
- Immortality – Milan Kundera
- Nefertiti – Michelle Moran
- The History of Love – Nicole Kraus
- The White Tiger – Arvind Adiga
- The Girl triology – Stieg Larsson
- Late for Tea at the Deer Palace – Tamara Chalabi
- The Time Traveler’s Wife – Audrey Niffenegger
- Journal of a Solitude – May Sarton
- The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
- Purple Hibiscus – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichei
If you’re curious to see the entire list of books I read during the year, check out my book shelf.
You might also enjoy reading Dagny Taggart, or Scarlett O’Hara, or maybe…
What were your favorite books in 2010?