Happy Valentine’s day my sweets!
What a beautiful day this is – a day to celebrate love – love for yourself, your family, your pets, your significant other.
Scratch beneath the surface of the commercialization, and you’ll see that this can be a beautiful day indeed…a day to pamper yourself and your loved ones just a wee bit more than you do usually.
Here are some ideas for you.
- Have a bubble bath with candles, wine, some music, a book
- Indulge in your favorite foods – forget about health food for a day – indulge in some yummy cakes or lasagna instead
- Dim the lights and meditate. Try some of the meditation music and guided meditation clips on my blog
- Meet up with your girlfriends for a day out in the town
- Spend the day doing something you love – photography, art, cooking…
For your significant other:
- Try doing something extra special that they wouldn’t expect – for me, it would be cooking up a meal!
- Rekindle the romance – light some candles, put on some soft music, curl up together and watch a movie…or talk…or…
- Go hiking together
- Leave a love note on the steamed up bathroom mirror
Need a last minute valentine gift idea? Try one of these!
Got any ideas of your own? Tell me!