Doodling is something all of us do – during college lectures and boring meetings, while talking on the phone, when we’re bored. They’re simple, fun, and perfect to incorporate in your art journal.
Here are a few ideas on how you can add doodles to your page:
- Create a simple doodled frame for your page.
- Hang doodles off elements on your spread.
- Doodle as your final step to tie your page together.
- Mix doodles and lettering to create a fun, sketchbook style page in your journal.
- Draw chunky letters and doodle within them.
Need some doodle inspiration?
Take a look at my Pinterest board or pick up these books:
Put this lesson to work: Short on time? Create a doodled letter in your art journal. If you have more time, try your hand at a sketchbook-style page.